Ad Age: Google+ more like a ghost town


I needed a Google+ invite badly when the social media was in its earliest stages. When one showed up in my inbox before many of my friends and colleagues, I thought I was cooler than everyone.

I signed up, followed a couple of people I knew on the site and wrote a post.

I might have been back about a dozen times since then. Instead, my time is usually spent on Twitter, Instagram, reading RSS feeds or working. Occasionally, Facebook works its way into the mix. But never Google+.

This article by Ad Age “Google+ aGhost Town as Brands Decamp for Pinterest” doesn't come as a surprise. I'm even on Pinterest too, but even my usage in that has waned.

“The broad consensus is that Google+ is an empty city where the masses go to set up a profile but then seldom return.”

That sounds about right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review: Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Getting another chance after publication

Book review: Game 7: Deadball