Book review: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I actually wound up liking this better than the first book in the series. Finally, I got to see Celeana, the assassin, which is what she has been billed as. The first book didn't really show much of that. But the character had great growth in the second book. I also loved the banter between Celeana and Chaol.

While I didn't agree with every choice made in the book, it wasn't my book to write. At least, Maas made the moments meaningful, and didn't waste people for the sake of having them in a book.

My only complaint was that A LOT happening without really happening. I felt the book could have been a bit shorter. Overall, though, I loved it.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review: Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Getting another chance after publication

Helping a friend with a book