Book review: Now I Rise by Kiersten White

Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)Now I Rise by Kiersten White
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lada is brutal, cruel, destructive and I adore her. The retelling of Vlad the Impaler as a woman is fascinating. Lada has had to literally cut her own way into the world when no one would take her seriously as the Prince of Wallachia. But she inspires and makes people listen even if she doesn't have a gentle touch.

Her brother Radu has his own mission as he acts as a double agent in Constantinople. His inner turmoil is very well done as he contends with his love for another man, which is not at all accepted during that time period.

While Radu and Lada spent the book apart, the two often thought of the other and tried to consider what their sibling would do. one has grace and cunning while the other has brutality and perserverance. They perfectly complement each other.

Great book. I'm looking forward to the next one in the series.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review: Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Getting another chance after publication

Helping a friend with a book